We’re ready to apply for Costco’s new Citibank VISA, but apparently Citibank isn’t ready for us.
If you’re one of Costco American Express’ customers however, you won’t have to reapply or wait. Your Costco VISA is automatically being sent to you in lieu of your current AMEX card. There are numerous benefits to the new VISA. First and foremost, the Citibank VISA has no annual fee. It also has other perks, such as higher cash back amounts. Specifically:
- 4% cash back on eligible gas purchases, including at Costco
- 3% cash back on restaurant and eligible travel
- 2% cash back on Costco purchases in-store and on-line
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
Other benefits include:
- Extended manufacturer’s warranty for purchases made with the card
- Damage and theft purchase protection
- Worldwide car rental insurance
If I find out more about how to apply for a Citibank Signature Costco VISA card, I’ll post it here. As of now though, it appears that only those converting from American Express are in the queue.