Butterfly pea is a beautiful plant that produces blue and white flowers that can be used for tea and food coloring. It is easy to grow and requires good drainage soil. Here are some tips on how to grow butterfly pea flower:
- Soil: Butterfly pea plant isn’t too picky when it comes to soil. But one thing that it does require is good drainage. If you’re growing in a container, make sure it has at least two drainage holes. Also, use light, well-draining potting soil to fill your container.
- Water: Butterfly pea plants will tolerate a large amount of water as long as the soil is well-draining.
- Sunlight: Butterfly pea plants need full sun to partial shade.
- Temperature: Butterfly pea plants prefer warm temperatures between 70-85°F (21-29°C).
- Support: Provide a support structure such as a trellis or grow them on a fence or wall.
To use butterfly pea flowers for tea, simply steep them in hot water for several minutes until the water turns blue. You can also use butterfly pea flowers as natural food coloring for cakes and other dessert.